Scope/Purpose of the Position:
Analytical work focuses on computing and preparing financial statements, statistical reports and analyses as requested.
Major Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Represents the company in a professional and enthusiastic manner: by providing an exceptional level of customer service, supporting the mission statement, and adhering to our core values in all functions of their job responsibilities and interaction with internal and external customers.
- Performs bank reconciliations by the 15th of each month.
- Creates reports to analyze daily sales, gains and losses. Allocates funds for individual sales and pools. Compares totals to cash received to ensure allocations are accurate.
- Performs monthly account analysis to ensure entries are posted to the correct accounts.
- Reviews accounts payable and bank deposit batches for accuracy and ensures that deposits have posted to proper accounts.
- Processes Payroll Online with ADP: Distributes to the Controller for review on the Tuesday morning of payroll week. Payroll transmission is completed upon approval of the Controller.
- Assists in preparation of monthly financial statements by the nineteenth of every month. Distributes the financial statements to the branches.
- Reconciles daily cash flow by reconciling the bank balance to the cash report.
- Prepares and processes journal entries. Documents data onto the journal entry form, then enters the information.
- Reconciles inventory monthly to compare loans and drafts payable.
- Assists Controller and Chief Financial Officers in special projects.
- Prepares end of month reports (i.e. Actual Closing Applications vs. Prior Year, Actual Application vs. Budget, Government loans vs. Conventional loans and Purchase vs. Refinances).
- Generates monthly production report for the Executive VP which identifies the number of applications received and closings by branch showing the last four years of activity.
- Produces Mortgage Banker's Associate Report, which displays the company's financial status on a quarterly basis.
- Approves daily closing wires.
- Reconciles closed loans.
- Processes weekly Application Closing Report. Prints out month to date figures and copies the numbers to spreadsheet.
- Updates monthly trial balances. Prints trial balances then copies data to a spreadsheet.
- Reports to work on a daily and timely basis.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Basic oral and written communication skills.
- Basic level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others.
- Ability to work overtime as required by the department manager based on the work requirements.
Minimum Qualifications or Training:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance and or Accounting.
- Mortgage Banking experience preferred but not required.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
- 3 – 5 years of accounting experience.
- Advanced skill using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Outlook) knowledge of Accounting for Mortgage Bankers (AMB) preferred but not required.