Scope/Purpose of the Position:
Ensures that all loans that close are done so within company and investor standards. Verifies that all applicable data within the Destiny System is accurate.
Major Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Represents the company in a professional and enthusiastic manner: by providing an exceptional level of customer service, supporting the mission statement, and adhering to our core values in all functions of their job responsibilities and interaction with internal and external customers.
- Understands the policies and procedures in the operations manual as it pertains to their job responsibility.
- Coordinates loan closings/funding with all parties involved in the transaction.
- Completes review of loan file to ensure compliance with all closing/funding requirements as defined in the operations manual.
- Audits files for completeness and accuracy.
- Verifies all loan approval conditions have been properly satisfied.
- Advises attorney and/or title company of all closing charges and special conditions.
- Reviews documents for accuracy, investor guidelines and requirements for their specific product code (i.e. margins, caps, buy downs, etc.).
- Assists the closing/escrow agents with any questions or problems that may arise.
- Validates all data in Encompass to ensure complete accuracy.
- Coordinates loan funding (wires or checks, as acceptable) in a timely fashion.
- Prior to funding authorization, coordinates receipt and verifies accuracy of HUD-1 Settlement Statement against data in Encompass. Verifies HUD-1 meets all requirements of pre-closing quality assurance validation.
- Continuously reviews projected closing reports and follows up with processing staff to facilitate timely settlement.
- Timely shipment of branch loan files to the corporate office.
- Responsible for assisting the post-closing and/or quality control department in obtaining any missing documentation needed in order to render a loan saleable into the secondary market.
- Reports to work on a daily and timely basis.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong attention to detail.
- Exceptional organization skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of Encompass a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others.
- Intermediate typing skills (45 wpm).
- Ability to hear and understand customer inquiries and oral instructions from supervisors.
- Ability to adhere to strict deadlines and changing priorities.
- Ability to receive phone calls with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to work overtime as required by the department manager based on the work requirements.
Minimum Qualifications or Training:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- One to three years’ experience with closing and/or mortgage banking.