Major Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Represent the company in a professional and enthusiastic manner: by providing an exceptional level of customer service, supporting the mission statement, and adhering to our core values in all functions of their job responsibilities and interaction with internal and external customers.
- Manage a quality control program capable of evaluating and monitoring the overall quality of the Loan Administration Department on a regular and timely basis.
- Ensure the services performed by third-party quality control vendor comply with regulatory and investor requirements.
- Coordinate results and responses between the third-party quality control vendor, sub-servicers, and servicing management.
- Manage required reporting for monthly/quarterly loan level QC reports and vendor audit reports to Compliance Dept. and senior management.
- Monitor outbound/inbound calls from Collections and Customer Service Departments.
- Perform assessments (testing) related to key functions/areas within servicing, including Loan Administration (cash management, escrow administration, etc.), Default Management (Collections, Loss Mitigation, etc.), and Investor Accounting and provide based on the results of assessments performed.
- Perform due diligence to verify vendors comply with applicable consumer statutes and regulations.
- Perform comprehensive audits of vendors, including on-site visits.
- Review vendor policies, procedures, internal controls and training.
- Develop, review and maintain vendor compliance scorecards.
- Monitor and maintain contractual vendor agreements.
- Daily access and information transfers in the vendor management portal.
- Assist with communicating vendor management policy and procedure compliance to internal staff and vendors.
- Oversee document retention on all vendor due diligence packages.
- Represent the company in a professional and enthusiastic manner by providing an exceptional level of customer service, supporting the mission statement, and adhering to our core values in all functions of their job responsibilities and interaction with internal and external customers.
- Perform special projects/functions as requested by management.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of residential mortgage servicing practices and procedures, industry guidelines, quality control, vendor management, compliance regulations, investor requirements and understanding of mortgage servicing procedures, including performing and default loan function.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical skills, attention to detail, and ability to work within time constraints.
- Excellent interpersonal skills..
- Ability to familiarize with and research federal and state requirements as well as agency and investor guidelines.
- Up to 15% out of state travel may be required.
Minimum Qualifications or Training:
- 5+ years in mortgage lending/servicing.
- Default servicing experience preferred.
- 2+ year’s quality assurance and/or vendor management experience in mortgage industry or related field.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred.