Scope/Purpose of the Position:
Responsible for analyzing/underwriting loan files to render an appropriate credit decision, in accordance with HomeBridge underwriting criteria, as applicable for the specific loan program.
Major Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Represents the company in a professional and enthusiastic manner: by providing an exceptional level of customer service, supporting the mission statement, and adhering to our core values in all functions of their job responsibilities and interaction with internal and external customers.
- Ensures all data noted in loan origination system is consistent with documentation contained in the loan file.
- Reviews loan files to validate that all requirements of Home Bridge’s product descriptions have been met and the loan is underwritten in accordance to investor and/or applicable agency (FNMA, FHLMC, FHA, VA, USDA) guidelines.
- Insures that any loan file underwritten is within their authority as defined by their direct manager.
- Properly conditions a loan file in accordance with investor, agency and/or HomeBridge guidelines as applicable to the individual loan.
- Reviews the loan appraisal and any supporting documentation in accordance with standard underwriting guidelines as defined by the product-specific investor and/or the agency guidelines.
- Verifies that all third party quality control supporting documentation is contained within the loan file has been reviewed and meets the company standards.
- Verifies that all requirements of the operations/policy manual, as it pertains to underwriting, have been met.
- Communicates proactively with the internal staff on the status of all loans.
- Coordinates with the Credit Exception Manager or the Operations Manager, as applicable, on any required exceptions.
- Completes all task tracking requirements in the loan origination system.
- Responsible for adhering to the targeted underwriting turn-time requirements, while also assisting in the exception process in order to meet customer closing expectations on a case-by-case basis. Proactively communicates with their manager in the event turn-time expectations cannot be met.
- Assists the Quality Control Department and the Post-Closing Department in obtaining missing documentation needed in order to render a loan saleable in the secondary market.
- Ensures the compliance of all federal, state and investor requirements as outlined in the operations manual.
- Reports to work on a daily and timely basis and complies with all requirements of the Human Resource policy manual.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent level of oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytic skills, attention to detail, and ability to work within time constraints.
- Excellent level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others.
- Intermediate typing skills.
- Ability to rapidly acquire detailed knowledge of departmental policies, practices and procedures.