Scope/Purpose of the Position:
The auditor is responsible for the timely execution of risk-based internal audits in accordance with the annual audit plan, as well as assisting with other audit matters and projects.
Major Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Represents the company in a professional and enthusiastic manner: by providing an exceptional level of customer service, supporting the mission statement, and adhering to our core values in all functions of their job responsibilities and interaction with internal and external customers.
- Participate in the audit planning process, which would include determining the scope of review in conjunction with the Director of Internal Audit.
- Determine compliance with policies and procedures.
- Conduct risk assessment of assigned department or functional area in established/required timeline.
- Establish risk-based audit programs.
- Review the suitability of internal control design.
- Conduct audit testing of specified area, prepare associated audit work papers to exacting standards and identify reportable issues and dimension of risk.
- Assist in the preparation of audit reports for designated audits.
- Reports to work on a daily and timely basis.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance preferred.
- CPA, CIA, CFE or CISA preferred or working towards one of those designations.
- 2 to 4 years internal audit experience, through public accounting/auditing (Big 4 a plus) and/or mortgage banking industry audit experience desired.
- Strong analytical, written/verbal communication, interpersonal, and relationship building skills.
- General information technology controls knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to adapt to change quickly and multi-task.
The position requires considerable concentration and creativity. It is subject to stress caused by changing priorities, tight deadlines and significant workload (Travel requirements and overtime expectations may be described).