Scope/Purpose of the Position:
Responsible for monitoring timely receipt of closing packages and following up on outstanding closing packages.
Major Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Represents the company in a professional and enthusiastic manner: by providing an exceptional level of customer service, supporting the mission statement, and adhering to our core values in all functions of their job responsibilities and interaction with internal and external customers.
- Prepares documents to be delivered to our warehouse bank and ensures that the packages are ready before the deadlines.
- Records the sent dates of each package that is shipped to the bank.
- Identifies if loan closed, then confirms that the loan was sent back to the department, noting that mortgage and assignment must be received by the bank within seven days of closing.
- Confirms all documents have been executed (original policies including HUD).
- Responsible for completing warehousing checklist, title review, discrepancy sheets and post-closing.
- Inputs outstanding information into system (i.e. final policies, recorded mortgage and escrow being held by REMN).
- Prints out all warehouse banks pipelines.
- Prints exception reports for warehouse banks and then clears all exceptions.
- Prints out transmittals and check for note releases.
- Responsible for opening mail and then sorting packages by warehouse banks.
- Pull Notes, Mortgages & Title for collateral packages and clip to the top so that the note can be signed by Assistant Secretary.
- Log in closing packages and register them in MERS through Encompass.
- Copy all collateral after they have been endorsed.
- Write up a transmittal of the loans being sent to each bank and put a copy of the transmittal with each collateral and also email a copy to the warehouse bank with a tracking number for the package.
- Call on all closing packages older than 3 days from disbursement date.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent level of oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others.
- Intermediate analytic skills, attention to detail, and ability to work within time constraints.
- Ability to lift or move goods weighing up to 20 pounds a distance of several feet.
- Ability to rapidly acquire detailed knowledge of departmental policies, practices, and procedures.
- Ability to work overtime as required by the department manager based on the work requirements.
- Ability to prioritize workflow and utilize time management skills.
- Ability to analyze and resolve routine problems within estimated time frames.
- Familiarity with scanning, copying, and mortgage documents as well as previous office experience a plus, but not necessary.
Minimum Qualifications or Training:
- High school graduate or equivalent training.
- One year experience in related field.