Scope/Purpose of the Position:
Review loans to determine acceptability on risk and compliance with HBFS, Agency, and/or Investor specific guidelines.
Major Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Represents the company in a professional and enthusiastic manner: by providing an exceptional level of customer service, supporting the mission statement, and adhering to our core values in all functions of their job responsibilities and interaction with internal and external customers.
- Perform full underwriter of completed loan files to assess compliance with government/investor/HomeBridge guidelines with a benchmark of 3 full underwriting reviews per day.
- Perform audits of loans reviewed by post-closing QC vendor to insure quality of vendor reviews
- Perform various other closed loan audits as required.
- Participate in HUD/State/Investor audits as required; participate in research on repurchase demands.
- Reports to work on a daily and timely basis.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Fannie Mae, Conv/FHA, VA, and USDA guidelines.
- Excellent level of oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytic skills, attention to detail, and ability to work within time constraints.
- Excellent level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others.
- Intermediate to Advance level of computer & typing skills – Microsoft Outlook, Internet Explorer and Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to familiarize with and research agency and investor guidelines.
- Ability to work overtime as required by the department manager based on the work requirements.
Minimum Qualifications or Training:
- High school graduate or equivalent training.
- Two years relative experience in QC.
- Two to four years’ experience underwriting conventional and government loans.