Scope/Purpose of the Position
The Transaction Support Assistant is responsible for supporting the Transaction Support Manager (TSM), Transaction Support Coordinator (TSC) and Loan Officer Assistants, as assigned, by receiving loan applications in “Ready4Opening” milestone, reviewing documentation, and ordering documents, reports and services as needed.
Key Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Receive Loans in Ready4Opening milestone, review documentation, and order documents/reports as needed:
- Inputs all parties in the file contacts
- Order Fraud/Audit
- Orders Flood Cert, if property is in a flood zone-email TSC & Loan Officer
- Indexes the file in eFolder
- Orders FHA Case # or VA CAIVRs #, if applicable
- Confirms SmartGFE & SSPL on each file
- Intent to proceed completed and checked
- Confirms that a correct signed 4506T form is in file; order 4506
- Completes The Work Number for minimum 2 year history
- Complete TSA Checklist and upload to eFolder; complete Title and HOI Contact Information; and ensures notes to Processing are entered in the Conversation Log
- Sends FHA Amendatory Clause & RE Cert (signed by Borrowers) to the agents so they and the Seller can sign and return if not already in the contract (if applicable)
- Orders Title work
- Uploads Credit Card Authorization form & contract documents (follow up 72 hours); ensures no personal borrower information is in the uploaded documents( e.g. EMD check)
- Provides file to Transaction Support Coordinator, Transaction Support Manager or Loan Officer Assistant
- Performs other duties for the branch, region or division as assigned
- Handles special projects as assigned
Work Experience and Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of mortgage banking lending procedures
- Knowledge of Loan Processing procedures
- Excellent customer service skills
- Problem solving and conflict resolutions skills
- Negotiation skills
- PC Skills (MS Office)
- Analytical and mathematical skills and applications
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written, listening)
- Attention to detail; multi-tasking skills; excellent time-management skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Flexibility and adaptability in a fluid and rapidly changing environment
- Willingness to do more than basic job requirements as needed
- Two-year degree helpful.
- High School or GED required, or equivalent skills and knowledge.
- Minimum 2 years experience in mortgage industry preferred.
Note: Management reserves the right to change or reassign job duties or combine positions at any time.