Scope/Purpose of the Position
The major functions of the job are to input, audit, and draw documents in order to coordinate in the efficient and accurate completion of loan packages in a timely manner, and complete the input, audit, and funding of the loan to meet requirements of closing, rate lock, purchase contract, rescission, etc. while ensuring that we have a saleable, insurable and serviceable loan for our investors.
Key Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Doc Review
- Pre-audit for accuracy of loan information
- Use all pertinent documentation in file to ensure consistency (i.e., approval, lock, appraisal, title, etc.)
- Identify correct code to use for specific product
- Input all data into current system
- Verify all fees and credits are accurate based on doc request and compliance with disclosures
- Input all data in Alternative Doc Draw systems as required by program Doc Audit
- Perform manual audit
- Make all necessary corrections in current systems or Alternative Doc Draw system
- Print loan docs
- Once final review is complete – email document package link along with any additional required items to be signed at closing with instructions to the closing agent. If sending hardcopy, create shipping receipts & package documents to be sent out via overnight shipping to Escrow, Closing Agent or Attorney
- Final Audit
- Final audit and review of loan docs prior to sending the loan docs to Escrow, Closing Agent or Attorney
- Funding Review
- Review loan documents and complete data input into the funding system in order to balance the wire and send wire to closing agent
- Verify loan documents are signed properly and free of modifications, ensuring that we have received all pertinent documents required in order to authorize disbursement.
- Conduct audit of HUD1 to verify all information, including charges, fees, disbursements, impounds, etc. are accurate and charged in accordance with the Truth in Lending and Itemization of Amount Financed. This audit also includes reviewing for any red flags that could potentially indicate fraudulent activity, resulting in loss to the company.
- Ensure that wire is balanced, including any impounds and fees being netted from the wire and that wire instructions are accurate and have been approved with closing protection
- Issue funding disbursement authorization to the closing agent after audit completed
- Confirm closing and disbursement with the closing agent to verify we have a valid loan.
- Communicate with Processing Team Leads, Processors, and Loan Officers to overcome obstacles in order to ensure accurate doc draw of loan documents.
- Clear discrepancies within the loan file
- Directly responsible for ensuring that all prior to funding and at closing conditions have been met in accordance with Investor guidelines. Any prior to doc conditions moved to prior to funding must still be addressed and the closer must coordinate sign off by the underwriter
- Any other duties necessary as assigned
- Submitting a completed file to Funding that is accurate and free of data input errors that would cause delays in funding and/or sale to investors or cause insuring delays.
Work Experience and Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of mortgage lending process and products
- Customer service skills
- Creative problem-solving and conflict resolution skills
- PC Skills (MS Office)
- Analytical and mathematical skills and applications
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written, listening)
- Attention to detail; multi-tasking skills; excellent time-management skills
- Negotiation skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- College degree preferred
- Three-eight (3-8)years in mortgage industry
- Three-five (3-5) years document drawing and closing experience
Note: Management reserves the right to change or reassign job duties or combine positions at any time.