Scope/Purpose of the Position:
Processes loans in adherence to product guidelines and company standards. Acts as a liaison between the loan officers, customers and various departments throughout the company.
Major Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Represents the company in a professional and enthusiastic manner: by providing an exceptional level of customer service, supporting the mission statement, and adhering to our core values in all functions of their job responsibilities and interaction with internal and external customers.
- Reviews and understands the policies and procedures in the Operations Manual as it pertains to their job responsibility.
- Reviews the entire loan file, including any tasks previously performed by the loan officer, loan set up and/or disclosure staff, for accuracy and compliance with company guidelines. Immediately communicates any errors and/or discrepancies to the appropriate party.
- If the branch does not have a loan set up and/or disclosure person, the processor will perform those functions.
- Performs all requirements of processing checklist, as provided by their manager
- Proactively and consistently communicates with the borrowers, loan officer and referral partner with regard to the status of the loan filed.
- Certified Processor Only: Reviews loans and renders a credit decision based upon documentation received for loans within their lending authority. When acting in a certified processor role, forms job requirements of an underwriter, as it relates to their level of authority.
- Submits loan to the underwriting department and processes requirements of underwriting decision:Insures that all required pre-closing quality assurance requirements are met in accordance with company standards.Responsible for daily updating Encompass with accurate information regarding their pipeline.
- Approved loans: communicate required conditions to all parties involved.
- Suspended loans: obtains missing documentation
- Denied loans: discuss options with loan officer and if no options available issues denial in accordance with company requirements
- Attends weekly meetings with the Loan Officer and/or Loan Officer Assistant on the status of pipeline applications.
- Responsible for processing all loans in accordance with the corporate operations manual.
- Responsible for immediate communication to all appropriate parties on any significant problems or discrepancies regarding individual loans, loan referral sources and/or vendors. Continuously revalidates the initial underwriting decision.
- Responsible for making sure that all federal, state and agency compliance standards are adhered to as defined in the corporate operations manual.
- Responsible for making sure that all loans are processed in accordance with requirements of product description sheets and operations manual.
- Responsible for assisting the post-closing and/or quality control department in obtaining any missing documentation needed in order to render a loan saleable into the secondary market.
- Acts as a liaison between the borrower and other departments.
- Reports to work on a daily and timely basis.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent level of oral and written communication skills
- Excellent analytic skills, attention to detail, and ability to work within time constraints.
- Excellent level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others.
- Excellent knowledge of product guidelines for conventional mortgages and government mortgages on a case-by-case basis.
- Excellent knowledge of industry standard underwriting system (FNMA DU, FHLMC LP, etc.)
- Intermediate level of computer skills, including the ability to function in a windows environment utilizing Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Intermediate typing skills (60 wpm).
- Ability to process a caseload of 50 loans per month and close a minimum of 15 loans per month.
- Ability to rapidly acquire detailed knowledge of departmental policies, practices and procedures.
- Ability to read and write in English at a level necessary to understand loan file documentation.
Minimum Qualifications or Training:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Three to five years’ experience as a processor. Experience with product guidelines for conventional mortgages and government mortgages and with industry standard underwriting system.