Scope/Purpose of the Position:
Performs clerical functions to assist in having the loan set up in the initial processing stages.
Major Responsibilities and Essential Functions;
- Represents the company in a professional and enthusiastic manner: by providing an exceptional level of customer service, supporting the mission statement, and adhering to our core values in all functions of their job responsibilities and interaction with internal and external customers.
- Assists the processor in obtaining follow-up loan documentation.
- Completes all tasks defined on the loan set-up checklist provided by their manager. This includes but is not limited to 3rd party services such as flood, fraud prevention services, tax return verification forms, verbal employment information and ordering of the appraisal.
- Reviews data noted in the loan origination system and compares it to the documentation received, as it relates to basic data, such as accurate loan contact information, loan term information, and program selected.
- Responsible for scanning of loan documentation into the document management system and proper labeling of the documents accordingly.
- Processes invoices and fee reconciliations for individual loan files.
- Act as a backup to the receptionist as needed.
- Reports to work daily on a timely basis.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent oral communication skills.
- Excellent level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others.
- Basic computer skills and the ability to function in a windows environment.
- Ability to read paper documents; read from and key text into a personal computer with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to read and write in English at a level necessary to understand loan file documentation.
- Ability to work overtime as required by the department manager based on the work requirements.
Minimum Qualifications or Training:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.