The Desktop Support Associate provides responsive and timely customer service to all HomeBridge employees. Must be able to resolve and perform a variety of troubleshooting tasks, including closing trouble tickets before escalating to upper-level representatives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Other Duties may be assigned):
- Represents the company in a professional and enthusiastic manner: by providing an exceptional level of customer service, supporting the mission statement, and adhering to our core values in all functions of their job responsibilities and interaction with internal and external customers.
- Provides first-level support on all assigned support tickets.
- Provides second-level upport on all escalated support tickets.
- Dispatches tickets to IT Help Desk staff, when assigned dispatching duties.
- Appropriately logs all ticket activity in the ticketing system, according to established guidelines.
- Documents Knowledge Articles, according to established guidelines.
- Complies with all established IT support SLAs and ticket response guidelines.
- Provides and presents accurate, timely, and professional resolution on all supported issues.
- Follows-up on all calls in a timely and professional manner.
- Escalates tickets per department procedures.
- Resolves and completes all assigned tickets in an efficient and accurate manner.
- Handles IT hardware and software assignments accurately in accordance to established policies and procedures.
- Configures computers for users, following established guidelines.
- Provides first-level support for user accounts issues.
- Reports to work on a daily and timely basis.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent level of oral and written communication skills in English.
- Excellent analytic skills, attention to detail, and ability to work within time constraints.
- Excellent software skills, including: Windows XP, Windows 7, Microsoft Office, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Outlook, Active Directory.
- Excellent hardware skills, including: desktop repair, laptop repair, printer repair, ability to rack network/server equipment, ability to neatly connect network devices.
- Excellent technical skills, including: virus and malware removal, demonstrated knowledge of networking, ability to image computers, configure email on mobile devices, connect and support audio-video equipment in conference rooms, end-user desk phone setup and troubleshooting.
- Excellent listening and ability to retain critical information and communicate complex ideas clearly.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to be flexible, prioritize work, and follow through in order to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent customer service skills, time management, and conflict resolution.
- Excellent typing skills.
- Excellent level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others.
- Ability to independently evaluate and resolve computer and user problems, including compatibility conflicts and application operations.
- Ability to lift or move goods up to 35 lbs. a distance of several feet.
- Ability to support a wide range of hardware, networks, and servers at a Level 2 knowledge base.
- Ability to support a wide range of applications at a Level 2 knowledge base.
- Ability to read and understand written technical specifications for hardware and software products, as related to IT Help Desk support needs.
Minimum Qualifications or Training:
- College or technical school graduate or three years of experience at Level 1 or 2 system applications problem resolution.
- Three years of experience providing Level 1-2 help desk support.
Preferred Qualifications or Training:
- Three years mortgage industry experience, highly desired.
- Microsoft certification, highly desired.
- CompTia A+ certification, highly desired.
- Previous Level 2 support experience.