Scope/Purpose of the Position
Primarily responsible for a variety of mortgage servicing compliance data analytics functions. Areas of coverage include: analysing financial activity in compliance with the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN) AML/BSA requirements, analysis of servicing data reported for regulatory exams, other compliance requirements as defined by leadership including managing, reporting and tracking various compliance projects. Collaborate with IT and data analytics resources as necessary to effectively manage key responsibilities and functions.
Key Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Regulatory Compliance Data Analytics:
- Perform regulatory exam-required analytics and project management including providing applicable reports required by regulatory agencies, and coordinating materials and responses to audit requests and findings.
- Identify and evaluate risk and internal controls of the servicing platform to ensure compliance with applicable federal and state regulations, statutes and rules.
- Create, perform, and maintain ongoing audit and compliance testing to test the quality controls for compliance across all systems and data related to and supporting loan accounts and borrowers.
- Monitor and assist with implementation of compliance improvements.
- Collaborate with IT to assist in constructing tests of controls, evaluating outcomes, and analysing the resulting issues.
- AML/BSA Data Analysis - Manage the internal AML-based customer risk assessment program, including:
- Flag incidents of suspicious activity as outlined in the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), USA Patriot Act and the office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC).
- Identify potential AML “challenges” and when applicable properly disposition false-positive alerts.
- Based on analytical results, make recommendations to build AML rules in the monitoring system.
- Manage the AML monitoring system with the direct intention of minimizing false-positives.
- Conduct proper investigation of money laundering alerts or transactions considered suspicious.
- Timely report transactions considered suspicious.
- Monitor and institute appropriate program updates based on current industry developments in the areas covering money laundering and terrorist financing schemes, issues, policies, regulations, criminal typologies, industry best practices and trends.
Work Experience and Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must have experience in spreadsheet and database management systems
- Strong data analysis skills and proven data management skills required.
- Strong testing/validation of proposed software programming changes and the ability to verbally and in-writing articulate the ramifications of those changes to management
- Multiple programming skills are required.
- Experience with mortgage platforms, preferably LoanServ and Encompass.
- Familiarity with AML issues and suspicious transaction monitoring systems required. One to three years BSA/AML compliance experience preferred.
- Utilize industry standards and past experience to employ sound and independent judgment to draw conclusions regarding the status of compliance program.
- Understanding of residential mortgage servicing practices and procedures, industry guidelines, compliance regulations, investor requirements and understanding of mortgage servicing procedures, including performing and default loan function. Experience in mortgage servicing compliance is preferred.
- Demonstrates experience in managing integrated internal audit and assurance delivery within a matrix reporting environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including oral and written communication skills and customer relations skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a competent and professional manner.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Must be able to analyze, compile data and present reports to management.
- Demonstrated self-motivation with attention to detail.
- Excellent level of oral and written communication skills. Ability to communicate across a variety of audiences.
- Intermediate level of computer skills and the ability to function in a windows environment utilizing Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Strong time management skills, fast learner, self-motivated, and comfortable taking initiative and handling multiple projects simultaneously.
- Committed to taking responsibility and ownership for agreed actions and delivery.
- Reports to work on a daily and timely basis.
- Two years’ experience in financial services data analysis. Three to five years related experience in mortgage servicing or related field preferred.
- Bachelor's degree or Associate’s degree in Computer Technology, or equivalent education and experience required
Note: Management reserves the right to change or reassign job duties or combine positions at any time.